Sunday, July 19, 2009

Knitting and stuff.

So I have been knitting a lot. First I just did some lame dishcloths out of cotton yarn I got for a dollar, just to get my groove back. Then I got a really pretty pattern for a super sexy sweater, aptly called Goddess. It is taking forever though! Right now it really doesn't look like anything, so the picture is just a close up of my pretty stitches with the picture from the pattern so you know what it's supposed to be.

DSCF0038

Pretty right? I'm knitting it in Caron Simply Soft, which is my go-to cheap but nice yarn.

So, like I said, this sweater is taking forever, due partly to the fact that the bust is large and flowy and right now I have a grand total of 160 stitches on my needles. Insanity. It takes like 5 minutes to do one stinking row. There is another reason that it is taking me so long to slog through all that stickinette stitch, which is these socks:

DSCF0035

I got this yarn from a wonderful lady from the Random Acts of Kindness group on Ravelry. It's so stripey! I love knitting with tiny little needles and skinny-binny yarn. I just dig it, and I'd much rather knit these wacky socks than my sexy sweater. Hm.

Other than knitting, not a whole lot is going on. I have been thinking about pushing the wedding date back, but my mom heartened me and now I think we will be able to still have it on October 17th. It's really stressful! And the more people tell me not to stress about it, the more I stress! It's going to be lovely though. I am willing it to be lovely.

Oh, and I dyed my hair again.

DSCF0040

(My eyeball looks huge! Alien??)

1 comment:

  1. Knitting stripey socks and sexy sweaters...I am so envious! They look great. I don't know how to knit. :(
    Wedding in 3 months? Cool. Don't stress, you will so totally be lovely.

    ReplyDelete