Sunday, March 29, 2009

In lieu of sanity....

I am still recovering from the panic attack episode yesterday. I am feeling a bit better but I am still rather jumpy and on-edge. Expect a new YAAD post for tomorrow.

So I have been keeping myself busy with things that are at once mind numbingly simple but distracting enough to keep me from having another attack. This is what I have done so far.

xstitchprog This is a nice blurry picture of the progress I have made on my cross stitch project that is destined for my mom. I have got a lot done since I took it to KC!

 

amifriends Those are Usagi (bunny) and Alfred (Penguin) they were crocheted by me and Dalin, respectively. They are patterns from the book Amigurumi World. I should have put something in the picture for a size reference. Usagi fits comfortably in my two hands and Alfred is a bit larger.

*note: Amigurumi is japanese and roughly translates to 'stuffed knitted toy.' They are usually crocheted though. Also, Usagi is the japanese word for rabbit.

 

onigiri Was I on a japan kick or something? This is my first attempt at Onigiri, or stuffed rice balls. They are super yummy, very easy to make, and VERY filling. A recipe might show up here in the next couple of days. I promise, it's easy, as long as you have the right ingredients.

 

One last picture!

This is Makayden, for those who wanted to know. Isn't she cute?

makayden

Later gators.

No comments:

Post a Comment