Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Resolutions!

Hey everyone. I know it's been a long time since I've written anything here. I will have you know, however, that updating the blog regularly is my top New Years resolution.


I plan on having at least one new post a week. Well, that's the bare minimum I have in mind, ideally I'd like to have a couple new posts a week. I am thinking of a few topis to do series on. For example, I want to start a series of posts about Paganism as it applies to homemaking and wifely stuff, so let's say I decide to write a post about that every Wednesday. But then I could have another series (I'm thinking “Knitting as a Spiritual Practice” is one I want to do, too) running at the same time, with new posts on Saturdays. See, that way I can have lots of new posts about stuff that I am really into, and not so many of the boring “look what I did today” kind of posts.


So yeah, looking forward to that. Definitely expect a new level of blog commitment from me in the coming year.


Another resolution involves the many in-progress craft projects sitting in my closet. I have left at least 15 projects unfinished ranging from spinning to knitting to quilting. It's pretty sad really. There's nothing wrong with any of these projects, I just got bored of them and abandoned them at some point. So my goal is to work on getting many of them done this year. Maybe all of them, but I don't know if that is being too ambitious. In order to work through them with some sense of direction, the plan is to be completely project monogamous all year, and documenting the entire thing here.


Project monogamy is something that I've never been good at. What it means to be project monogamous is to only work on ONE project at a time, until it is completely finished, before moving on to the next. If you know me very well you know that I have a terribly short attention span when it comes to crafts. I think it will definitely help me to knock out some of these old projects.


That should be fun. I think I'll post updates about what I'm working on weekly, or maybe monthly or something. I don't know yet. Expect a super exciting post sometime in early Janurary documenting all of my poor abandoned projects, for all the world to see. It's actually kind of embarassing. Then you all will know how scatterbrained I truly am. The shame! Haha...


Anyway..


I'm really excited about the coming year! I know I have been far from the best blogger, but I'm really appreciative of all the readers I do have, and hope you all will stick with me as I try to make writing and blogging a bigger part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment