Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update your bookmarks!

I am such a google lunatic. I use almost every one of google's services and it was really weighing on my conscience that I was hosting my blog at Wordpress.com. Don't get me wrong, Wordpress is a great host for blogs, but blogger is just kind of my home and I find the interface a lot more user friendly.

So here I am. Different location, Different title, same blog. I brought over some of the more memorable posts from http://howtosmile.wordpress.com and you can still head over there to read the comments and less interesting posts.

On an unrelated note...
Gamer and I are both sick. He caught it first so he is already feeling better but I am still in the middle of this cold/flu/deadly disease of death thing. I had to take Sunday off of work, today i had off, and tomorrow I am supposed to go at 4. I really hope that I get my energy back by then. It is a considerable exertion on my part to even type at the moment. I can't imagine pushing carts and lifting cases of bottled water.

I am getting geared up for NaNoWriMo (at NaNoWriMo.org my username is GenuineDraft. Get it? ha...puns..) I really hope I can find some friends who live around here who are interested in joining up this year. It is a lot more fun to write in groups. Oh..for those who don't know, NaNoWriMo is short for National Novel Writing Month. 50,000 words of a novel in the month of November. Big challenge, but doable. In fact, I find it easier to do the more busy I am. See, when it comes to writing, the more time you have to do it, the more likely you are to get distracted and procrastinate. When your schedule is packed as it is, those few moments you have to work on your novel become precious and you will be much more productive. November is all about quantity, not quality. Editing is for December.

I bought a book today at Twice Told Tales. It's called Sketchbook by Washington Irving. Has anyone heard of it? I chose it because it is super old and cool looking, someone took notes in it with a fountain pen generations ago, and because the pages turn so well. I will post a picture tomorrow. I am too sleepy and sicky-poo feeling to go get the camera right now.

Brightest Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment