Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Project Filter

I am quitting smoking.

 

Today is day three. I should have started with a post on day one but I didn't think about it. It is probably a good idea to post updates about it on here for accountability.

So far it really hasn't been that bad. I mean, I know the craving will get worse before they get better but I am doing pretty well I think. I am just trying to stay nice and distracted, also I am trying not to watch too many movies because seeing people in movies smoking makes me want one, I guess. lol.

I feel like making some lists. Lists are cool. First I'll make a list of triggers then a list of things that help with cravings.

Triggers

  • Riding in the car
  • being around/seeing other smokers
  • boredom
  • feeling ugly
  • impatience
  • over eating

Coping Mechanisms

  • Do crunches
  • Eat skittles
  • knit
  • play guitar
  • write
  • take a shower
  • sleep it off
  • play a game
  • call/talk to Dalin
  • have a nibbly snack

Hmm, that's all I can think of right now. I am sure I will come up with more triggers, it seems like living is itself a trigger. Haha.

So yeah, keep me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment