Saturday, January 15, 2011

A very glum, very foggy, very drippy sort of day.

DSCF0001

Howdy, friends! It’s a very glum, very foggy, very drippy sort of day today. My camera is cheap enough to really need a sunshine-y day to take good pictures, so pardon the photo quality in this post.

Since my last post, I figured out what was wrong with my sock. I think I have managed to fix it so that it looks good enough for me. It’s not perfect and my socks will be *slightly* different, but I’m okay with that. I love knitting, and I love wearing knitted socks, so these socks are Enough. I haven’t gotten too far on the sock, I’m still decreasing the gusset stitches after the heel. (I’d show you a picture but I can’t get a good enough photo in this light. Use your imagination. ^^ ) I haven’t started any other craft projects though, so I am still on track for my goal of finishing up the unfinished projects in my closet. Now that I think of it, glum, foggy, drippy sorts of days make good days for knitting socks. I’ll probably get pretty far on it today!

Two new things came into my house since my last post. Books! Two of them! D and I noticed a new used book shop in town, I don’t know how new it actually is, but we had never seen it before. It’s a really sweet little shop. As is expected, there is a huge selection of paperback romance novels and westerns, but there is also a respectable collection of philosophy, religion, and poetry.

DSCF0002 DSCF0003

This is a Big Red Book that I had to have. It’s like an encyclopedia of Ballet. For each ballet it gives the opening dates, principal dancers, stage directions, and any cultural notes. It’s fun to sit on the floor with your legs crossed and this Big Red Book on your lap.

DSCF0004

Maybe I will live to see all of these ballets!

DSCF0006-1

This is the other book I got. The store owner gave it to me for half off when he saw how my face lit up when I saw this little book sitting innocently on the shelf. It’s a Sunday missal (or catholic prayer book) and I am madly, deeply, in love with it. I’ve spent at least five cumulative hours in it and I’ve only had the book for a day. I have a feeling that this book and I are going to become good friends.

DSCF0008

DSCF0009

Talk again soon!

-Alek

No comments:

Post a Comment