Tuesday, September 30, 2008

France

Do I believe in fate?

No. Not really.

But something strange is happening. Last night I had a dream that I was in Paris. I often think that I belong there, that it is some accident that I am here in Idaho. I don’t know why, but I am absolutely in love with all things French.

Then today at work, there were these two women who were speaking French. French French too, not Canadian French, which is truly amazing because there are probably a grand total of three French people in all of Idaho and I have NEVER come across one before.

Then, roughly 6 minutes after these women left, another woman came through the line wearing a Paris Tee-Shirt.

Dream…French Women…tee shirt… All in one day.

Yes, I know it’s wishful thinking that these are signs that I will soon be making a move. But still. I like the idea. Truthfully, I think that things like this are not “divine intervention” but just a realization of how much you care about something. I dreamed about France because I yearn for it. Those two women struck me so much because I yearn for France. I noticed that woman’s shirt because I yearn for France.

I was supposed to go there with my class during spring break this year, but that’s when the Agoraphobia got really bad. I haven’t thought about it much since then. I am taking this, not as a sign that I am going to France, but as a sign that I am recovering. Not long ago I couldn’t imagine leaving my home, and now I am dreaming about leaving the country.

I am so glad I can hope again.

No comments:

Post a Comment